...a place to illuminate one's creative potential.

Monday, December 16, 2013

2014 Art Journal prep


I put in a tag for each month that I stamped as the happiness card.
There is a sheet of watercolor paper each month added
in as a fold out insert with washi tape.
This page is called "card peeks". You do a mini watercolor painting
each week of the month.

There are two inserts of jelly printed card stock for each month.
These are just background starters for anything I choose to do.

I am leaving the weekly calendar part to actually use as a planner.  Or maybe to document the weather, mood, or inspirational quotes for the day.

I can used the ruled side of the planner each week like a diary.
And the back of the inserted gelli printed paper for sketching, magazine collages, etc.

Here it is with all the washi tape showing from the inserts I put in.


I love that gelli printed insert I put in!

And this one!

My happiness cards double as monthly divider tabs.

You can see my envelope insert with downloads from
the No Excuse Journaling course added here.

I need to add a few more dividers. Ran out of tags!


And it is in my journaling bag ready to travel wherever I decide to play!

I have found two different art journal inspirations using a moleskin extra large planner.  The first one is Gina Rossi Armfield's method "No Excuses Journal"(here) and the other is "My Documented Life Project"(here) by a group of 4 women who are each posting this project on their individual blogs.  I am combining parts from each and a few of my own ideas. Can't wait for Jan 1st to get here!  Meanwhile, I will keep working in my mini December planner.

20 comments:

  1. What a great journal! Love it with the extra inserts with your own personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These prints are great - LOVE that orange and turquoise one! Love the whole journal! Great jog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe, seriously the coolest thing I have seen. I used to be such a journaler (not art) but kept a date book ect. when I worked. Being home I got out of the habit. Now I have discovered art journaling. I would have loved something like this when I worked. so neat. do the inserts stay pretty well? with the washi?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous idea and tremendous execution!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, you look like you are having an absolute ball already and the project has yet to begin! Love that! Can't wait to see what inspires you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lucy May!! I am so excited you are in the DL Project, too...what fun we are going to have! I am just so inspired by your CUTE planner and can't wait to start working on mine! I ordered the extra large, too...knew I would love that size better. :) I just ordered the canvas bag from HF and can't wait to put some of my artwork on it. I used to paint purses and bags years ago so I'll have such fun creating something special on this adorable bag ~ thank you so much for sharing yours! I'm supposed to be working on my Christmas list, but ah, well, I do believe I need to journey about your blog a bit more!! What fun!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lucy May!! I am so excited you are in the DL Project, too...what fun we are going to have! I am just so inspired by your CUTE planner and can't wait to start working on mine! I ordered the extra large, too...knew I would love that size better. :) I just ordered the canvas bag from HF and can't wait to put some of my artwork on it. I used to paint purses and bags years ago so I'll have such fun creating something special on this adorable bag ~ thank you so much for sharing yours! I'm supposed to be working on my Christmas list, but ah, well, I do believe I need to journey about your blog a bit more!! What fun!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Lucy May! Thanks so much for the video…awesome! I'm struggleing with my perfectionistic self and never thought to lay the wash sticky side up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your journal and thanks so much for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fun looking and great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where did you get that happiness stamp??? I LOVE IT! Your journal totally rocks and has inspired me to dig back out my art journal supplies. WOW - this is incredible. What a great project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic journal! I've collected lots of Washi tape but haven't done much with it. No vision at all! Love your tote, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you SO MUCH for this post! I was looking for a great art bag for on the go....recently took a road trip and my stuff kept falling on the floor of the car so I gave up! I also appreciate the tutorial on adding extra paper to the journal...BIG help! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the video, thought you might need to leave a slight space between the inserted page and the planner side. Great metal ruler idea to tear the tape, I'll be using mine now. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucy- I just LOVE your creativity- Thank you for sharing so we can learn x

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks perfect to start the year

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, Lucy, good posting. I do extensions, but never thought of doing them with washi tape. What a great idea. Following you now. Hope you'll come by and follow on mine too. I'm an American living in Ukraine where I teach altered books....so fun.
    Blessings on your 2014.
    www.vintageterrace2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Adorable and so inspirational! thx!

    ReplyDelete